Monday, November 3, 2008

Cooper "The Tank" Durbin

Cooper Joseph Durbin
My little superman...ah, I better say spider man (his favorite super hero besides Jesus) or he might beat me up! He is my baby. He is my heart. He is my greatest sense of accomplishment and my greatest joy. He is also destined to play sports. Which one you ask? If it has a ball and you can throw, kick or hit it -- he will play it. And he will be good(and that isn't just a mommy's bias)! A few of his favorites: Baseball, Football and hockey. Not sure how we will swing the hockey now that we are in Indy-- just know he still wants to play it! I think they give a "I love Hockey" shot when the kids are born in Canadian hospitals! Just last Friday at a Halloween carnival, he threw a kid sized football into the center of a hoop -- not only one time, not only the first time....but all five times he picked up the ball -- then he got an audience and got a little stage shy, missing two. He cared not about the candy prizes for the games...just give him the ball! Today, throwing the baseball (soft one) back and forth from about 10 feet apart, I needed to go get a glove! THE BOY IS ONLY 3~! I guess, since his dad broke a lot of the sports records not only here on the state record in several sports, and had ONU's home run record for several years -- he kind of gets it naturally ---and he looks just like his daddy too! But who is bragging?? He looks small - but he is solid -- and weighs almost as much as his sister! Thus the "tank" nickname! They no longer wrestle due to the fact that Cooper can now whip Mackenzie's bum! She hates to loose. (She gets that naturally too!) Pray for him, Indiana allergies are not doing him any good this week. Despite the Zyrtec everyday, he has had a runny nose, sore throat and has gotten tired more easily. His tonsils are the size of baseballs, so he will need those out after he turns 5, and that doesn't help the allergy symptoms. But, he is blessed and we are blessed to have him. He loves to sing...and my favorite thing about him, is that he loves to worship! He will sing worship songs anywhere -- AND we always know when he is in the bathroom going "poo" for he will be singing VERY LOUDLY, "I am a friend of God" -- He calls it his "poo poo song"! :) Tonight as he was playing his play keyboard, he was trying to match the pitch with his voice. Someone once told me that they thought the Lord had a special plan for him in "ministry" -- I pray that it is a ministry that pays more than mine does!! -- But more than that, I pray that his talents and gifts of leading people to the throne of Grace will never be hidden! Below are some recent pics of my baby -- who could not love this boy???
(The older girl pictured with Cooper, besides his 5 year old sister Mackenzie, is his cousin Holly)
Enjoy!















No comments:

Post a Comment