Monday, October 20, 2008

Mad-dash Monday

Once again, the wake up call from Cooper came this morning at 4:30 am with the heel of his foot hitting me straight in the forehead. Good morning, Cooper! After carrying him back to bed, realizing he snuck in under the radar (no telling how long he had been there!) I tried to go back to sleep - to no avail. Images of the first 5 chapters of the book I read still dancing around my thick skull. I already dreamed several dreams regarding the content and am convinced I will never let my kids out of my arms reach again. Friends had said that the first five chapters of "The Shack" were hard to read -- but they didn't say the images would stay with you even in your worst dreams. Frankly, it was easy to read...just has been hard to digest and come to grips with the pain the main character faces. If you haven't read it, they say it is an amazing book...I can't yet recommend it, since I hate the first five chapters already -- but I am sure it gets better than the imagery of pure evil I have in my mind! AND those who have recommended it do not have young children any longer to worry about or haven't yet.
Then with a little princess rushing the household to get to preschool early so she can be the first and only girl to pick out the "Cinderella books complete with dress up costume" book bag to take home, she refused to do her hair and waited for the rest of us in the cold, dark van for at least 15 minutes! The day ended better with a clean house, a great conversation with a friend and kids going to bed with full tummies and early! ahhhh...peace.
Oh - but then there's Eric..."Itchy Eric" as I call him these days! I better lather him down with poison sumac scrub and send him to bed. HE GETS HIS SHOTS TOMORROW!! praise the Lord! I think sometimes he is a bigger baby than my babies! :) But, ahhh...I love him so!
So --- spiritual insight today? The Lord has been close. No, closer than that. He has been giving me a sense of peace all day. As I watch my children sleep so soundly -- not a care in the world, unaware of the last load of laundry, Stock market, presidential race, and the bills that we still need to pay this week.... I too know, I have this same joy - peace that can't be understood by all, but given as a gift to those who know my Jesus. My precious Jesus. Good night friends, Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment