Sunday, October 26, 2008

Someone once said....

Just some questions to ponder tonight...
Why is it that the tongue of another person can carry such weight within our hearts? Weather it is an encouraging word that we hear and are lifted to the highest elevated sense of affirmation which we as human beings are so conditioned to listen for; or weather it is a word of criticism either for our good or harm that deflates us and defeats us in an instant. Someone asked me last week, why it was, that what someone once said to me held such importance ---that when Satan whispers it in my ear, all movement (from either forward or back) is halted and fear paralyzes all motivation to continue. My response: A lie from the Pit of Hell itself, was at that moment believed and I reject the truth of the Lover of my Soul.

Why is it so much easier to believe the lie of Satan that deflates and defeats us than to relish the truth and bathe in the goodness of our Savior who created us and knows us intimately? My response? I just know that Satan is the master of deceit and knows how to use our human tendencies to take the focus off of Our Lord and put it on our own interest. What a easy way to fall. We then begin to judge God -- we begin to doubt his love and his holiness and therefore doubt everything. The beginning of destruction of truth to relative truth......??? Only if you think so...or, is it only if I think so???

Why is the last Oreo cookie always stale? My response? what last cook...mmmmm.

Fun Farm day tomorrow -- rain or shine, snow, sleet or wind (weather calls for all three). Two kids, a preschool class and a bunch of cold parents toting around pumpkins. And I can't sleep...again. I can't wait until this medication is finished! My eyes and brain are finished! I wish I could just convince my heart and mind of that! My poor friends have probably had enough of the Durbins on steroids! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment